thief of time

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Stages

We had an “end of an era” happening on the weekend. My son had his final concert at his high school and it felt very strange to know that was it after six years.

It was the first time, in I don’t know how many years, that we were able to sit out the entire concert without having to worry about starting to clean and clear up after the first half. In fact, it was the first time in a few years that I wasn’t involved in the phoning around to get parents to bring things for the fund-raising dinner they always hold for the music program. For some reason, people were usually fine about bringing drinks or a dessert, but many were not so interested in bringing things you had to make, so we ”phoners” often ended up with the “too hard” items.

Now that we’re waiting to discover my son’s results to see what the next stage will bring, I feel rather unsettled. It’s sort of like the time I took him to Kindergarten the first day and then burst into tears after leaving him there. It was the start of a new time in my life then too, but not as drastic as the one I’m probably about to face. I hope it doesn’t involve “empty nest syndrome” too soon. I don’t think I’m strong enough for that yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home